The next home modification workshop will be held on Friday4 April at LifeTec Qld, corner of Newmarket Road and Enoggera Road, Newmarket.
Registration will commence at 8am, with the workshop starting at 8.30am and concluding at 12.30pm. Morning tea will be provided.
The workshop aims to provide occupational therapy practitioners and people working in the building industry with:
- Knowledge about broad principles for evaluating the product and design requirements of people in the bariatric range
- Practical information on the process of measuring the person, their carer and equipment
- Practical information on the process of measuring the existing home environment
- Practical information on design solutions
- Information about resources to assist clinical practice
- Opportunity to discuss and problem solve case scenarios from their own work setting
|8.00 – 8.30||Registration|
|8.30 – 10.00||Principles for evaluating the product and design requirements of people in the bariatric rangeMeasuring the person, their carer and equipment and translating these measurements into features in the built environment|
|10.00 – 10.30||Morning Tea|
|10.30 – 12.30||Design solutions to commonly encountered problem areasResources to assist practice|
|Optional Extra Time12.30 – 1.30||Lunch and Discussion of Scenarios (participants to bring own lunch and cases to discuss with presenter)|
The registration form is available on the front page of the website – www.homedesignforliving.com