I hope to run a workshop on home modifications for people in the bariatric range on Friday 28 August in Brisbane.
The venue will be LifeTec Qld and the event will start at 8.30am (registration) and finish at 4.00pm.
The workshop on home modifications for people in the bariatric range aims to provide occupational therapy practitioners and people working in the building industry with:
• Knowledge about broad principles for evaluating the product and design requirements of people in the bariatric range
• Practical information on the process of measuring the person, their carer and equipment
• Practical information on the process of measuring the existing home environment
• Practical information on design solutions
• Information about resources to assist clinical practice
• Opportunity to discuss and problem solve case scenarios from their own work setting
Registration information is available on my website – and registrations will close on the 14 August 2015.
I shall be hosting the Qld Home Modification Discussion Group on Saturday 29 August and interstate visitors who attend the workshop are welcome to come along to the free meeting the next day.