430 Pine Mountain Rd
Carindale QLD 4152
Free parking on site.
Registration commences at 8.30am and each workshop starts at 9.00am.
Student registration – click here
Clinician registration – click here
Please complete registration form – click here
The ramps and rails workshop aims to provide occupational therapy practitioners and students with:
- Knowledge about broad principles for designing internal and external ramps for domestic homes
- Practical information on the process of measuring up areas for the design and installation of internal and external ramps
- Information about resources to assist with measuring and designing ramps
- Information about current literature and research influencing the prescription of grabrails
- Knowledge about the biomechanics and measurement techniques to inform clinical reasoning processes for grabrail prescription
- Information about resources to assist with prescribing grabrails and handrails
- Knowledge about the relevance and application of the Australian Standards, the Disability Discrimination Act and the Premises Standards for grabrail, handrail and ramp design in domestic environments